Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Facebook Cover Photo: The Making

Here's the final result:



1) I made this cover photo from the photo I took. The original photo was :


2) I need a little adjustment (for the color and sharpness), also selection as well. It gonna looks like :


3. I also made a selection of myself (a picture of me standing on the reef), then moved this selection part into the left side for my profile pic.

so, this gonna be my profile pic:


4) However this result wasn't look nice. You can see a lot of noise and also the color blend unwell in some parts (esp pic of me and gazebo at the right side of the photo), due to limitation of pocket camera. Not to make any excuses, but my skill is also limited so that whatever I did couldn't fix that color blend and noise.
I came up with a new idea, inspired by mario bros theme as well. So I made an avatar in 8-bit mode to substitute my noisy pic. If you want to make yourself in 8-bit, here's the link.

5) Looking for the essentials and I got these :





6) Place all elements in the position. The overall pic gonna be:

7) Adjust the perspective as the finishing touch. Voilaaa..

8) And finally.. How to set up the profile pic and cover photo combination in the exact position, I used this template.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...